Defence SNSW - Carpenter - Harman
Job no: 551039
Work type: Fix Term - Full Time, Full Time
Categories: Trades / Facilities Maintenance
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at www.spotless.com.au
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Southern NSW and ACT. We currently have an opportunity for a qualified Carpenter to deliver maintenance and repairs, relating to buildings and fixed plant & equipment.
- Deliver carpentry based works as prescribed by the EMOS contract
- Manage all operational matters within your functional area to ensure a high level of service is provided to the client
- Represent the business appropriately in all dealings with external and internal contacts
- Provide ideas and support innovation
- Contribute to condition assessments throughout the course of duties
- Actively manage and meet response times, deadlines and safety obligations
Our front of house staff are the face of Spotless and play a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified Tradesperson ( Minimum cert III)
- Ability to obtain and retain a Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- Asbestos awareness qualification (mandatory)
- Advantage to have a variety of experience with a minimum 3-5 years' in post trade within a commercial and maintenance environment
- Valid driver's licence with no restrictions
- Current Senior first aid certificate (preferred)
- Confined space, High Risk Work and white card Licenses (preferred)
- Experience in responding to and satisfying customer requests
- Proficiency using hand or power equipment related to specific trades
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be able to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to meet the Defence Security Requirements and hold a current Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as an Australian Federal Police Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend