Sous Chef - Melbourne Cricket Ground
Job no: 551335
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Chef / Chef Manager / Cook
SOUS CHEF - MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND
Join an award-winning & dynamic team!
EPICURE, Australia’s leading venue and event caterer, cultivates a refined philosophy of food, wine and entertaining. Within the MCG, EPICURE continuously delivers a state of the art dining experience to the Melbourne Cricket Club and its guests.
Our team of professional chefs have been continuously proving themselves as the industries’ finest in Australia as well as abroad.
We are now seeking a creative Sous Chef to join this highly skilled team. This position will report directly to EPICURE’s Executive Chef.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working in a leadership capacity with responsibility for the daily management of the staff within the MCG kitchens (full time and casual)
- Maintaining budgets within the cost of goods and labor
- The ability to maintain high quality standards and strong attention to detail
- Actively working with the Executive Chef to ensure menus are regularly updated in accordance with the seasonal menu review calendar.
- Ensuring the EPICURE food philosophy is adhered to at all times and promote the philosophy amongst our staff, clients and stakeholders
- Conducting on the job training as required achieving consistent standards of operation
- Providing support & mentorship to apprentices, junior and general staff
- Participating in the Company’s OHS&E programme by reducing the number of incidents, injuries and complaints
- Assisting and maintaining in the implementation of the Food Safety Program
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience as a chef in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of contemporary and classic cooking techniques
- Strong managing, mentoring and motivating skills
- Creativity with the passion & desire to succeed
- Solid communication & computer skills
If this is the role you are looking for, please submit your cover letter and resume below.
All applications will be handled with strict confidentiality
Applications close on Wednesday 31st May
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend