Groundsperson - Canungra
Job no: 573892
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Location: QLD Regional
Categories: Trades / Facilities Maintenance
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at www.spotless.com.au.
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales.
We currently have an opportunity for self-motivated, reliable Groundsperson. This position is part of a diverse team responsible for the operational day to day delivery of the Land Management services.
This role will support and deliver a range of services as follows:
- Ensure all contractual work obligations are met
- Follow work instructions demonstrating effective time management, and a high level of service standards as required in the Service of Work;
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and is in safe working order;
- Operate all equipment/machinery in a safe manner following all company safety requirements e.g. PPE worn at all times where required
- General tasking which may include, however is not limited to the following:
- Brush cutting
- General gardening
- Green waste clearing and removal
- Weed, Pest & Disease control
- Line marking
- Gardening or Ground Maintenance involving the driving of a tractor/ agricultural
Our employees are the face of Spotless and play a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to obtain and retain a Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- At least three (3) years of hands on grounds maintenance, land management or turf experience in similar environment (mandatory)
- Certificate III in Horticulture/ relevant qualification or relevant industry experience
- Vehicle and valid Open Class Drivers Licence
- Heavy Rigid Truck Licence (Preferred)
- Chainsaw Operators Licence or Certificate (as per legislation)
- Agricultural Chemicals Commercial Operators Licence or similar, as required by State Legislation
- Computer literate (intermediate Excel and Word) and mathematically competent
- Well organised with good people management skills
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below. Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and may need to hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as an Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend