Land Management Supervisor - Weipa
Job no: 576562
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Location: QLD Regional
Categories: Facilities Management / Engineering, Management, Trades / Facilities Maintenance
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at www.spotless.com.au
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales.
We currently have an opportunity for self-motivated, reliable Land Management Supervisor based in Weipa. This position is part of a diverse team responsible for the operational day to day delivery of the Land Management services.
The role will report to the Land Management Coordinator and will deliver a range of services as follow:
- Implement Land Management plans and work schedules for designated area
- Perform Land Management tasks, operate equipment and machinery in a hands on role to assist in service delivery
- Monitor plans and schedules of work to ensure implementation of the Land Management Plans (LMPs)
- Demonstrate an understanding of contractual, legislative and operational technical requirements
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the designated area Defence support personnel, MSP contractors, civil emergency services, rural fire authorities, traditional landowners and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide solid leadership, motivation and direction to the land management teams with in designated area
- Ensure high-risk areas are maintained in accordance with the LMPs comprising fire trails, fire tracks, and explosive ordinance precincts/explosive compounds
- Provision of information and reports on mandatory grounds maintenance, service, condition and performance monitoring
- Work collaboratively with Defence and other Base Services Contractors in the achievement of service delivery objectives
- Ensure grounds maintenance and land conservation activities are carried out in accordance with all relevant Acts, regulations, codes and standards, Defence and other statutory authority requirements
Our front of house staff is the face of Spotless and plays a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Significant hands on land management and/or grounds maintenance experience in a similar environment as a supervisor, or similar role (mandatory)
- Qualified in a recognised course or apprenticeship in Horticulture/Turf Management/Landscaping
- Well organised with good people management skills, self-starter
- Agricultural Chemical Licence (Mandatory)
- Chainsaw level 2 Minimum (Mandatory)
- HR or MR Licence (Mandatory)
- Experience with the operation of tractor/slashers (Mandatory)
- Demonstrable team business and leadership skills
- Demonstrated success in Grounds / Land Management contracts
- Sound technical problem-solving skills
- Sound understanding of Quality Control inspection and auditing techniques
- Sound written and oral communication, interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Experience with use of computer based systems
- Ability to lead and manage a multi-disciplined Land Management services team
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and may need to hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as an Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend