Job no: 578350
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds, and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region, we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
Spotless is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable Cleaner. This position will provide effective support to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the daily cleaning services.
This full time role will report to the Cleaning and Housekeeping Supervisor and will deliver a range of services including but not limited to:
- Deliver and assist with periodic cleaning activities in accordance with Cleaning Management Plan (CMP) and deliver specialised cleaning activities including stripping and sealing floors, shampooing carpets, high pressure cleaning, window cleaning and cleaning high areas
- Adherence to all service deliverables in the Statement of Works (SOW)
- Support the Cleaning/Housekeeping Supervisors ensuring contractual obligations are met in all aspects of cleaning
- Maintain high quality and co-operative relationships with key Defence Base personnel
- Display a strong level of team commitment whilst also having the ability to work autonomously where required
Our employees are the face of Spotless and play a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence Security Clearance (Australian citizenship mandatory)
- Experience with periodic cleaning equipment such as floor polishers, high pressure cleaners, floor buffers, carpet shampoo machines and high area cleaning.
- Minimum 1 years' experience in similar role with strong client services skills and significant cleaning and housekeeping industry experience
- Awareness of building security and related responsibilities
- Experience operating industrial cleaning equipment
- Highly developed attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and establish timeframes
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend