Zero Harm Advisor - Shoalhaven / Wagga
Job no: 579247
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Location: NSW Regional
Categories: Work Health & Safety
At SPOTLESS we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Laundries, Education and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at www.spotless.com.au
Spotless is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We are seeking a self-motivated, reliable Zero Harm Advisor to be part of the Spotless team based in either Shoalhaven or Wagga Wagga. This position will ensure effective support to ensure the delivery of general WHS and compliance requirements for the Spotless contract to the Department of Defence, SNSW.
This role will report to the Head of Zero Harm and will be responsible for the delivery of a range of services, including but not limited to:
- Providing advice and support to management and staff within the Spotless Defence contract on a range of safety issues;
- Coordinating and implementing WHS strategies that deliver the highest quality outcomes and suitably trained staff for the Spotless Defence Contract;
- Driving early intervention and influencing early return to work through the coordination of injury management across the contract and liaison with Corporate WHS and Injury Management staff;
- Coordinating reviews and facilitating changes to Safe Work Procedures (SWP), Risk Assessments (RA) and safety documentation;
- Tracking lead indicators across the contract in the Queensland region to contribute and influence change and enhance culture;
- Providing support to internal and external stakeholders across the contract in Queensland in the delivery of Base Services;
- Contributing to and executing of the Corporate WHS Strategy, ensuring WHS outcomes are achieved in a timely manner;
Our front of house staff is the face of Spotless and plays a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian citizenship mandatory);
- Formal WHS Qualification desirable
- WHS and Injury Management experience, including WHS management systems;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate end to end WHS auditing activities;
- Thorough understanding of principles and content of relevant principal and subordinate WHS legislation;
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, time-management and organisation skills;
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Career progression within Downer Defence and broader business
- Company car provided
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the ‘apply’ button below.
Applications will not be accepted via email, if you have a query please email Jessica.Graham@DownerGroup.com
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend