Trades Assistant - Full TIme - Harman
Job no: 580378
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Categories: Trades / Facilities Maintenance
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
Downer is the lead contractor for the Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) to the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We are seeking a self-motivated, reliable Trade Assistant to be part of the Estate Upkeep team. This position will be required to deliver maintenance services and repairs, relating to buildings, fixed-plant and equipment.
This role will report to the Estate Upkeep Works Manager and will deliver a range of services including but not limited to:
- Deliver non-technical trade based works as prescribed by the EMOS contract
- Operate within your functional area to ensure a high level of service is provided
- Represent the business appropriately in all dealings with external and internal contacts
- Support innovation
- Contribute to condition assessments throughout the course of duties
- Actively manage and meet response times, deadlines and safety obligations, while carrying out works and services in you non-technical trade based works
Our front of house staff is the face of Downer and plays a pivotal role in delivering the service commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian citizenship mandatory)
- Trade knowledge in commercial and maintenance industry (essential)
- Valid Australian driver’s licence with no restrictions (essential)
- Current first aid certificate
- Painting, plastering, mechanical fitting, and carpentry skills experience (preferred)
- Can demonstrate a high level of understanding of safety procedures and requirements (essential)
- Experience in responding to and satisfying customer requests
The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note: Applications will NOT be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend