Project Support Coordinator
Job no: 584081
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Location: NSW Regional, VIC Regional
Categories: Administration / Office Support
- Key support role to deliver estate appraisal services
- Inclusive and supportive team
- Fixed term contract to August 2024, located in Wagga Wagga
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
About your role
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated & experienced Project Support Coordinator to join the Estate Development team. Reporting to the National Estate Appraisal Manager, this position requires you to plan, organise, and prioritise your work in order to meet strict deadlines and provide timely and accurate information to all stakeholders.
You will make a significant contribution in helping Defence and Downer deliver Project Support Services within the Estate Appraisal Management service line. This role will require regular interface with the Defence client, Defence end users, consultants, contractors and internal Downer Group contract personnel while delivering a range of services including but not limited to:
- Interact with Estate Approval Auditors to gather information, recommended works and process work orders
- Ensure project data captured in the Defence Estate Information Systems
- Assist others responsible for the collection of data
- Ensure schedules and reports are delivered on time
- Previous experience in a Project Support Coordination role, ideally within the building and construction industry
- Commercial acumen and financial skills to monitor and manage audit/project works contracts
- Proven ability to write report and prepare specifications
- Proficient computer skills - MS Office applications
- Strong negotiation, communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous asbestos auditing knowledge will be highly desirable
The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for learning!
- Friendly and supportive culture
- Professional development opportunities
- A professional and safe working environment
- Free on-site parking
- Flexible working arrangements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, and work with a supportive team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the ‘apply’ button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Au
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend