Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We currently have an opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable Facilities Maintenance Manager based at Shoalhaven. This position will provide effective management to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day running of the Estate Upkeep team.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, this full-time position will deliver a range of services including but not limited to;
- Plan, schedule and deliver work for both planned and responsive maintenance
- Maximise labour efficiency including work packaging with reference to current performance and scheduled based activities
- Continuously review responsive work requirements and allocations to meet response times
- Plan and prioritise work effectively utilising human resources, materials and procedures
- Adhere to Contract Management Plan procedures
- Effectively communicate with designated area EU personnel and subcontractors
- Commitment to the delivery of innovative solutions, thereby continuing to improve the quality of Spotless' service delivery
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders in the achievement of goals related to Service Delivery in the region
Our employees are the face of Downer Defence and play a pivotal role in delivering the services commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- Qualified trade or technical background
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships
- Ability to identify and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to cope effectively with a diverse range of people
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exposure and experience in the use of computer based (e.g. SAP, WMS)
- Experienced in the use of the MS office package
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Understanding of OH&S regulations
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence
- Project management experience
- Experience in Facilities Management
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture focused on innovative service delivery
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
- Ongoing training and career progression
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information please email Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
- Screening will commence prior to the closing date
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description