Pool Attendant - Amberley
Job no: 584740
Work type: Maximum Term - Part Time
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We currently have a permanent/part time opportunity for a self-motivated, reliable entry level Pool Attendant, based in Amberley. This position is responsible for overseeing the general operation of the pool and surrounding amenities including shower and toilet facilities.
Reporting to the Sports and Recreation Coordinator, this role will deliver a range of services including but not limited to:
- Conduct opening duties including; remove pool covers, clean the pool & surrounds, remove any floating service debris, vacuum etc.
- Throughout the opening hours of the pool maintain a vigilant oversight of the pool to ensure all users are safe
- Interpret data from the Access Control System to verify that an entry and exit time is recorded against all users for the day
- Ensure all equipment is in good working order and report any unsafe equipment for repair or replacement following procedures
Our front of house staff are the face of Downer and play a pivotal role in delivering the services commitment we have made to our clients.
Skills and Experience
- Current Resuscitation Certificate;
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory);
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate;
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate;
- Must hold a current Australian Drivers Licence;
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a Life Guard role.
The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
To apply online please click the 'apply' button below.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Downer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
For further information please email email@example.com
* Please note: Applications will NOT be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
View Position Description
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend