At SPOTLESS, a Downer company, we employ over 36,000 people in Australia and New Zealand within a variety of roles. We provide expertise tailored to key industry sectors that include Health, Business & Industry, Resources, Defence, PPP, Leisure, Sport & Entertainment, Education, and Government.
We're passionate about finding better ways of doing things. For our customers. And for you.
Find out more at www.spotless.com/services/
About the Role:
Within our specialised cleaning sector this position takes ownership for providing leadership, business management, personnel management, safety leadership to ensure operational delivery excellence and process compliance.
The role operates in a challenging environment, often under high pressure and deals with conflicting priorities as well as meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders. This requires you to have the ability to balance the strategic requirements of the role against the operational aspects, to achieve both short and long-term goals.
The role leads a large team, spread across the geographic region and has several key touchpoints back into the supporting functions. The incumbent should be comfortable dealing with a range of people, spread across the layers of the business and be able to motivate geographically dispersed teams to succeed. The ability to build positive relationships, across different levels of our client’s business, is also important to the success of the role.
The Southern region covers New Plymouth to Wellington, requiring regular travel within the region and national travel from time to time. While the position is based in Porirua, it is expected that the role holder will be in the field 3-4 days per week. The role reports to the Regional Manager, Southern, as a part of the nation-wide Hospitality and Soft Services team.
Skills and Experience:
To be successful in this role you will have trade or service line-based qualifications and be able to demonstrate previous management experience running a complex, multi-site and geographically dispersed, profitable service-focused business.
You will also have:
- Commercial experience encompassing financial management, client relationship management and business development
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage across a diverse workforce, including experience of a range of human resource management matters
- Strong understanding of Health & Safety (Zero Harm) and an ability to influence & create positive safety outcomes
- Strong change management background
- Clear evidence of an ability to manage & influence Profit & Loss, to create positive financial outcomes
- Building effective teams and can demonstrate and see value in sharing wins and successes
Benefits and Culture:
- A professional and safe working environment
- Training development opportunities
- Career development opportunities across the wider Downer business that includes Spotless, Hawkins & AE Smith
- Excellent employee benefits
- Tool of the trade, including a full-use company vehicle, laptop and mobile
Apply online now by clicking the 'apply' button.
Spotless Facilities Services (NZ) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen, police clearance and security check. Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand
View Position Description