Maintenance Planning Specialist
Job no: 586746
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Categories: Management, Facilities Management / Engineering
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services for the Department of Defence in Queensland, ACT and Southern New South Wales.
We deliver a suite of services ranging from Strategic Asset Management, Brownfield and Estate Base Development project support, Land Management, Hard and Soft Facility and Infrastructure Maintenance and various operating services in managing Defence’s diverse asset portfolio and supporting Defence supporting functions in ensuring Defence capability.
We are changing by challenging and transforming ourselves with meticulous focus on acquiring, developing and proving the best of people, process and technology, together, to be the trusted strategic Industry Partner of Choice for Defence.
A newly created opportunity is for an experienced Maintenance Planning Specialist to join our dynamic national Assets Transformation team . The purpose of the Maintenance Planning Specialist position is to cultivate, lead and coordinate the delivery of the Asset Management capability internally and externally in partnership with the Department of Defence through prudent information system oversight.
Reporting directly to the Strategic Asset Manager, this key role will deliver a range of services including, but not limited to:
- Manage Master Data Tools
- Review output from Master Data control tools
- Monitoring master data information flows
- Analysis of master data updates and changes
- Create reports relating to master data
- Validate (and action where required) master data updates and changes against data rules and policies (Downer and client)
- Develop systems training materials
- Develop knowledge warehouse and knowledge articles
- Rollout training programs
- Develop new data tool as necessary
- Develop, deploy and maintain Management of Change (MOC)
Skills and Experience
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian citizenship mandatory)
- Tertiary qualifications in an Asset management field (preferred)
- Significant experience in Data Management including
- Data analysis to identify quality and conformance issues
- Data processing including use of mas transaction tools
- Referential Data Model knowledge with specific reference to queries, transformation/manipulation and analysis (SQL or MS Access considered advantageous)
- Reporting – with capability for PowerBI (or equivalent) report development
- Exposure to asset management including maintenance planning, delivery, resource management and maintenance engineering analysis
- Experience with use of asset maintenance management systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and commitment to, relevant Quality, Health, Safety and Environment legislation and practices
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal diplomatically and effectively with senior management, customers and team members
The successful candidates will possess a strong work ethic, achieve highest level of safety, quality of work and have a genuine passion for excellent customer service.
Benefits and Culture
- Supportive and inclusive culture
- A professional and safe working environment
- Good employee benefits and entitlements
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible working arrangements – time and location
- Opportunity to be in a leading role in a leading organisation in bringing the best of industry practice to the essential Defence industry.
- Challenge to be the best you can be in an organisation that is actively improving itself.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, with engaged and committed senior leadership supporting an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop and expand your career direction.
To apply online please click the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information please email email@example.com
- Applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
- Screening will commence prior to the closing date
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Downer Defence is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend