Finance Officer - Melbourne
Job no: 587035
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Categories: Finance / Accounting, Administration / Office Support
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Officer to join our team in Melbourne (St Kilda)
Why work for Downer:
- Training and Development to support your career with us
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work in an essential service industry
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
- Continued investment & industry leading research & development into sustainable practices that contribute to the circular economy, delivering on long term urban infrastructure improvements
What you’ll be working on:
- Complex work order management and client invoicing
- Maximisation of financial outcomes for Downer stakeholders
- Work towards short- and long-term goals aligned to the finance operation
- Seeks out information from various stakeholders to interpret contractual criteria in order to invoice client
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders regarding invoicing/receivables issues; and perform other position related duties as assigned
- Assist with compliance management related to docket finalisation tasks.
What you’ll bring:
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- Finance or Accounting related qualification preferred
- Experience in assessing claims and invoicing, interpreting contract terms
- Critical thinking skills, Attention to detail and Communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, then apply now.
For further information please contact Elisa.Lewis@downergroup.com
Who are we:
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend