Job no: 588346
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Chef, Catering & Food Services
Te whiwhinga mahi | The Opportunity
The Chef is responsible for delegated areas of the kitchen production team. The scope of service delivery includes coordination and execution of the meal service for client staff, guests, and functions.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
- Planning preparation on menus
- Monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Discussing food preparation issues with Managers, Head Chef, Dietitian, kitchen and waiting staff
- Demonstrating techniques and advising on cooking procedures
- Preparing and cooking food
- Explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
- May train staff
- May freeze and preserve foods
- Minimum 2yrs à la carte chef experience is a must.
- NZQF Diploma Level 2 (or overseas equivalent) is desirable not compulsory.
- Food Handlers Certificate is desirable not compulsory.
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship in cookery or commercial Chef qualifications is desirable not compulsory.
Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
- Free car parking
- Our sites are in easily accessible Auckland locations
- Access to a great range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of subsidised insurance, gym memberships, retail discounts and free counselling services etc.
If you are passionate about the delivery of excellent service and believe this role appeals to you, apply online now by clicking the 'apply' button.
Spotless Facilities Services (NZ) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment medical and drug screen, police clearance, and security check. Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand.
View Position Description
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend