Environment Graduate - QLD
Job no: 588623
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
Categories: Administration / Office Support
An exciting opportunity for a recent graduate in Environmental Science to join the team in our Downer Group Graduate Program based in Enoggera!
Why work for Downer:
- Training and Development to support your career with us
- Work in an essential service industry
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
- Continued investment & industry leading research & development into sustainable practices that contribute to the circular economy, delivering on long term urban infrastructure improvements
Your development pathway will consist of:
- Undertake a diverse activities such as environmental planning and reporting, landscaping and enhanced land management services, environmental restoration projects including historical landmarks, tree management, weed control and fire management activities;
- on the job experience through engaging and immersive structured rotations with operational project teams;
- core development training workshops and education programs; and
- engaging with key stakeholders both internal and external
What you’ll bring:
- Suitability for Defence security clearance (Australian Citizenship Mandatory)
- Tertiary Qualifications in Science (within the past 3 years)
- Experienced in SDP reporting – ecology and biology and must be able to engage with SDP providers
- Strong communication skills and a passion for learning
- Experience and proven ability in the provision of sound advice to management
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and are motivated to succeed, then apply now.
For further information please contact Renee Ly – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
Who are we:
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
Downer Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend