Job no: 589397
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Commercial & Legal
Downer Facilities and Asset Services Group (F&AS) is a leading provider of integrated facilities services with clients across Australia and New Zealand.
Asset & Development Services is responsible for the delivery of Technical Services contracts across Australia. The role of the Contracts Manager is to proactively develop and implement effective commercial strategies for the business and directly support Downer as a competitive and respected provider of services
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a highly ambitious Contracts Manager to join our team, to support the Head of Commercial in providing commercial leadership and implementation of commercial processes and practices that underpin the successful delivery of Technical Services contracts.
Your responsibilities include
- Providing commercial advice and supporting head contract contractual reviews and negotiations
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions with suppliers/subcontractors
- Preparation and/or review of Contract time and cost claims
- Supporting our clients by providing critical reports, forms and documentation
- Project delivery commercial contracts support, including collating and preparing key contractual notices.
- Project claims and dispute management, as well as managing the dispute resolution process
- Advising on key project issues and finding best for project solutions.
- Assessing and managing key risks and liabilities in construction and technical services project contracts.
- Supporting the leadership team where required with ad-hoc contract management duties
To be successful in this role, you will have or demonstrate
- Law Degree qualifications
- Demonstrable and successful commercial management experience / capability in a similar business environment with around 5 years’ experience gained at this level.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build relationships with key stakeholders / clients, peers and colleagues including mentoring and training junior colleagues.
- Ability to proactively develop and implement effective commercial strategies on all forms of contracts.
- Good understanding of the commercial contracting market and its customer base.
- Sound understanding of the Australian construction market and its forms of contract.
- Excellent background in the successful negotiation of contract claims minimising the need for formal disputes and litigation.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to build your career in a multi-disciplined business environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Lifestyle, financial, health and well-being employee benefits
As an employer who embraces equal opportunity and promotes diversity and inclusion, we encourage men and women of all ages and backgrounds, including Indigenous Australians to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information about this position please contact: Claire Holder –Sourcing and Recruitment Business Partner email email@example.com
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on the “Apply Now” button.
Please note: Applications will not be accepted via email.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY APPROACHES
As a pre-requisite for these roles’ candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police Clearance, Working with Children's Check, and COVID-19 vaccination requirements.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend