Security Officer - Full Time - Royal Adelaide Hospital
Job no: 589682
Work type: Maximum Term - Full Time
About Downer and Spotless
Spotless is a great Australian success story. Now a part of the Downer Group, and with a staff force of over 36,000, we provide integrated facility management services that create added efficiencies for businesses everywhere. You'll find us in diverse locations from airline lounges and major sporting venues, to city offices and army barracks. We have a strong presence all around Australia and New Zealand and we are proud of our people and our achievements. If you are looking to make a positive career move, Spotless is a great choice for you.
Spotless acts as the facility manager at The Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH). The RAH is the largest, busiest and most technologically advanced hospital in Australia with 800 single in-patient rooms, including 100 same-day beds and 80,000 same-day and overnight patient admissions per year.
About the Role
Due to additional contractual requirements, Spotless are seeking passionate, experienced and reliable individuals to join the exisitng team at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Performing the role of Security Officer and working collaboratively within the Security Services Team, you will have a strong focus for customer service, effective communication skills and be committed to providing a safe environment for all staff, patients, clients, visitors and the general public.
Due to the nature of the facility, the role requires the successful applicant to be able to commit to working a 24/7 rotational roster structure (day, afternoon and night shifts) which will include weekend work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding appropriately to Emergency Codes and Security procedures as directed
- Providing high quality frontline customer service and support
- Risk identification and issue resolution
- Perimeter patrolling
- Report writing and administration duties
- Establishing and sustaining a productive working relationship with all stakeholders and;
- Other duties as requested.
- Certificate II in Security (mandatory)
- Current SA Security License (mandatory)
- Current First Aid certificate with CPR (mandatory)
- Certificate III in Security (desirable)
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Displays a positive attitude and approach to working as part of a team
- Able to work efficiently and remain calm under pressure
- Strong customer and patient centric focus
- Intermediate computer skills
- Experience writing incident reporting
- Displays a dedicated approach to safe working procedures
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical as well as provide a National Police Clearance and up-to-date immunisation history.
Security Officers working at the Royal Adelaide Hospital are required to wear a P2/N95 respirator/face mask. This involves undergoing an individual fit test. In order to be fit tested and compliant, all staff are required to be clean shaven where the mask/respirator's sealing surfaces touch the face.
Spotless is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend