Job no: 590820
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Executive & Senior Management
We are looking for a superstar Operations Manager based in Wellington to provide leadership to our people ensuring a highly motivated and productive retail food and catering contract operations team that are consistently delivering against contract requirements.
About the role:
This role is:
- Accountable for the management of commercial results and operational delivery across designated retail food and catering contracts, inspiring a team of Contract/Site Managers to achieve by Contract KPI’s for productivity, Zero Harm, operational performance, service and quality.
- Develops and maintain site-based customer relationships, foster business connections, and strategically develop new business opportunities.
- Builds a regional team with diverse style, thinking preferences, and experience. Translates organisational targets into common team objectives. Creates a sense of belonging and strong morale. Encourages involvement, collaboration and open dialogue. Promotes and rewards team success.
- Drives operational excellence. Has the ‘bottom line’ front of mind and is persistent in the pursuit of goals despite obstacles. Track record of achieving and exceeding goals. Pushes self and helps others to achieve goals.
- Optimises overall workforce productivity, fit-for-purpose skill set and competence of staff.
- Plans and implements capability development region wide to ensure resources meet forecast demand inclusive of new business activity.
- Implements business improvement initiatives to support client requirements while ensuring Zero Harm is always our number 1 priority.
You’ll thrive on the challenge of meeting time frames, juggling resources and adapting to change all whilst ticking off your milestones. You’ll enjoy working with a positive team and going home each day with a sense of achievement that you have contributed to customer satisfaction.
- 2 years + multi-site/regional operational management experience in the retail food and catering industry
- 2 years+ client relationship management experience, preferably in the retail food and catering service industry
- Experience in coaching, training and influencing teams
- Experience working in highly competitive and commercial environment
- Desirable to hold a tertiary qualification in a related discipline e.g., business management, operations management
- Experience in change management
- Solid financial and P&L experience
- Building effective teams and can demonstrate and see value in sharing wins and successes
To be successful in this exciting role you will:
- Show Adaptability: appropriately balances conflicting demands and is adaptable and flexible. Are comfortable in a changing work environment and handles uncertainty well
- Build Internal Relationships: develops and maintains strong peer relationships through an understanding of organisational dynamics and how the business unites interrelate. Communicates effectively with peers and superiors
- Manage Client Relationships: builds open and honest relationships with clients and is accessible to clients. Recognises client’s needs and requirements, takes responsibility for issues and influences client’s decisions
- Plan and Organise: spends time on what is important and quickly sense what will hinder goal accomplishment. Accurately plans and scopes length and difficulty of tasks and projects. Organises multiple activities at the same time and uses resources efficiently
- Lead by Example: leads by examples and understands what motivates team members and influences others to achieve desired results. Operates with Downer’s Tikanga at the centre of their leadership.
- Team Player: is able to operate effectively within a team environment and seeks to ensure the front-line teams have what they need to be successful, through pro-active support, a solutions focused attitude and active engagement in resolving issues.
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of financial management key drivers
- A strong level of verbal and written communications skills
A role with Spotless NZ can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We can also offer:
- Access to a great range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of subsidised insurance, gym memberships, retail discounts and free counselling services etc
- Stable working environment and enjoy the work-life balance we have to offer
- Extensive training and development opportunities to help enhance your skills and advance your career
Apply online now by clicking the 'apply' button.
Spotless Facilities Services (NZ) is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Please note: As a pre-requisite for these roles, candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen, police clearance and security check. Candidates must have the right to work in New Zealand.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
View Position Description
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend