Human Resources Manager
Job no: 590975
Work type: Full Time
Location: QLD Regional
Categories: Human Resources
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand. Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services. Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance and Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland and Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region, we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
We are seeking a dedicated experienced Human Resources Manager to be part of the National Human Resources team. This position is responsible for supporting and contributing to the growth and success of the Defence Contract by providing customer focused human resources advice and supporting day to day business requirements. Position will be located in Townsville, QLD with some travel to and from Brisbane.
- Tertiary Qualifications in HR & Industrial relations or equivalent (essential)
- Experienced Human Resource generalist (any sector will be considered)
- Demonstrated grievance/conflict resolution skills and investigation skills
- Knowledge of employment law, employee relations, industrial relations and enterprise bargaining agreements, with the ability to utilise this knowledge to provide sound advice to our leaders and employees
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- A high level of organisational ability and attention to detail
- Overseeing and assisting in the recruitment and selection activities for the Regional team and key contract positions
- Experience in managing site industrial relations issues, minimising the risk of industrial disputes
- Demonstrated ability in developing strong relationships with external stakeholders i.e., union, employer bodies, employer advocates, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Suite of benefits including health and wellness initiatives
- Personalised career growth working with an industry leader
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- Safety focused culture working within in an essential service industry
- Career enhancing opportunity to work within an ASX limited company
- Support and dynamic team culture coupled with ongoing mentoring and training.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company, and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop and further build and enhance your career.
As a pre-requisite for these roles all candidates need to be able to prove they are an Australian Citizen and hold a current Australian Drivers Licence. Candidates will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and drug screen as well as a National Police and Australian Security Defence Clearance Check.
View Position Description
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend