Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre – Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
An exciting period of growth is coming to Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre (PCEC). We are looking for exceptional individual to take the next step in their hospitality career!
The Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre is Western Australia's premier event destination which is home to some of Perth's most exclusive gala dinners and events, large scale conferences to small boardroom meetings, corporate events, exciting exhibitions, weddings and theatre performances.
The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager is a leadership position, the second in charge of the department, responsible for ensuring the Hospitality Department (Banquets, Bars and Café) is successful through delivering the highest standard of service.
Our Assistant Food and Beverage Manager own the execution of service on the floor, responsible for a team of Hospitality Duty Managers to ensure the delivery is seamless. This is a hands-on, client focused, leadership role, responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager will be required to lead and train a team of casual staff in order to deliver on these objectives, whilst focusing on continual improvement for the department and it’s policies and procedures.
Responsible for the financial efficiencies when on shift, and maximising revenue opportunities as well as ensuring all occupational health and safety procedures are maintained and adhered to, fostering a culture of ‘Zero Harm’ amongst the team. You will lead by example and strive for constant improvement in the department on a daily basis.
You will be an integral leadership figure within our Hospitality Team, used to dealing with multiple events and clients within a standard shift. This role requires a naturally energetic individual who has a passion for the hospitality industry, is accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and has a proven capacity to work well in a high-pressure environment while leading a team of high performing individuals.
To be part of this exciting opportunity you will demonstrate…
- Ability to juggle multiple events and clients during a shift.
- Exceptional service standards and experience in delivering first class service to high profile corporate clientele.
- Experience in problem solving, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to forward plan and prepare for upcoming requirements.
- Great initiative to be aware of the entire department and all of its’ moving parts.
- Excellent professional grooming and presentation.
- A tertiary qualification in Hospitality Management or a related course is favoured.
- Hospitality and industry experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong operational experience is required.
- Background in 5-star hotel operations or large volume catering would be beneficial toward this position.
- Leadership experience within event operations.
- Full working rights in Australia.
- Unrestricted Approved Manager’s License (WA) is a pre-requisite for this role.
A little bit about us…
PCEC, a member of the Downer Group.
The Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre is Western Australia’s premier event destination which is home to some of Perth’s most exclusive gala dinners and events, large scale conferences to small boardroom meetings, corporate events, exciting exhibitions, weddings and theatre performances.
Through the innovative fusion of space, catering, technology and design, PCEC provides an unequalled range of meeting possibilities optimally suited to promoting positive interactions between business, industry and community.
With an estimated 900,000 people attending one (or more) of the 600 plus events conducted at Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre each year, it’s no surprise PCEC is Perth’s premier business event destination.
If you are looking to make a positive career move, PCEC is an excellent choice for you.
How to apply
Go to “Apply”, fill in our on-line application form and submit an updated resume to support your application.
PCEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
View Position Description