Ko te take ka parekareka e koe ki te mahi ki kōnei | Why you will enjoy working here
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We also offer:
- All the tools of trade you need to do your job
- Discounts for Health Insurance, Samsung, Repco, PB Tech, Gym memberships and more!
- $500 bonus for current employees who refer a friend to Downer
- Great promotion and career development opportunities
Have a look at our other great benefits here https://people.downergroup.co.nz/downer-benefits/
Te Kōwhiringa | The Opportunity
Downer holds three Facilities Maintenance and Management Services Contracts with the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF). At our Burnham site, we deliver a range of Grounds services including mowing, gardening, tree maintenance, landscaping, sports turf maintenance, spraying, curb and gutter maintenance and plant pest control.
We have a newly created role of Grounds Supervisor and are looking for an experienced and hands-on Grounds Supervisor to lead our team. This role will form part of the site Leadership team and reports to the Site Facilities Manager.
Nga Pūkenga Motuhake | Important Skills
To be successful in this role, you will have a minimum 5 years’ experience leading a team in the Grounds, Horticultural or Landscaping industries. You will be physically fit, be willing to work outdoors for the majority of your day and be able to lead a team to produce excellent outcomes.
You will understand people leadership and resourcing. Most importantly, you will understand what good looks like and not be willing to settle for less. You will have an eye for detail, ensuring that the Grounds that we maintain are maintained to specification.
You will be a strong communicator; be able to write a monthly report and be willing to lift our delivery standards. You will recognise the environment that you are working in, an army camp, and be willing to drive exacting Grounds standards and ensure the camp is neat, tidy and instils pride in those who work there.
You will also bring with you:
- Appropriate industry or tertiary qualifications (NZ level 3/4 or equivalent) in the areas of Amenity Landscaping, Horticulture or Turf Management
- Growsafe or Chemical Applicator certification desirable
- Experience with various types of machinery and equipment - tractors, mowers, vehicles and small plant
- Working knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- A current full driver’s licence
- Experience in reading and interpreting irrigation, turf and maintenance plans
Ko wai mātou | Our Organisation
Want to know more about what it is like to work at Downer? Then head to our People Site people.downergroup.co.nz/join-our-facilities-team/
Please note that this employment will be part of the Spotless Facilities (NZ) Group.
Me pēhea ki te tono | How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click Apply Now to submit your application! The reference number for this role is 591710.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
View Position Description